Established in 2011, NWIC Inc. provides sustainable internet solutions that push the limits of technology, inspire thinking, deliver results, and enable people. Committed to driving faster connectivity in areas where traditional broadband services are not found, NWIC offers over 2,500 sq km of coverage and 70+ sites, across the Niagara region providing exceptional urban and rural wireless, fiber and cable internet solutions. With the acquisition of Last Mile Wireless Internet Inc. in Oct 2020, NWIC became the largest rural internet service provider in the Niagara Region, a significant step to ensuring the entire region has access to fast, reliable internet.
At NWIC we focus our growth on economically, environmentally, and professionally sustainable opportunities and aim to increase our value by constantly challenging our capabilities and investing in our employees, both personally and professionally. With our recent expansion, NWIC is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Customer Support Agent, to help troubleshoot internet related issues via phone, email, and social media.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Customer Support Agent will provide first line support and assistance to NWIC subscribers. This role is best suited for someone that is tech savvy, familiar with troubleshooting networking related issues, and has excellent communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Employer paid Group Health, Dental & Life Insurance benefits
- Generous paid time-off program
- Company provided laptop/workstation and headset
- Employee pricing on NWIC home internet
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Room for growth
- Opportunity to work from home
- Hourly position, $20-$24/hr (based on experience)
Hours of Work:
- 40hrs per week (not to exceed 48); Monday to Friday, hours may be flexed between 8am and 8pm
- Shift premiums paid for afternoon or weekend shifts
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Technical support via phone, email, & social media
- Problem solving internet connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting home/business networking & router-related issues
- Identifying opportunities to ‘up-sell’ internet packages based on usage
- Interfacing with sales and operations teams
- Working with proprietary and 3rd party software
- Assisting field staff as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy and patience
- Technology literacy
- Experience/knowledge of home/business networking, routers, etc.
- Experience working with modern computer operating systems (i.e. Windows, Mac, etc.)
- IT background is an asset
- Experience/knowledge of wireless frequencies is an asset
- Must be a team player, able to work in a group or independently
- Available for on-call and emergency work when required
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on-location in our Vineland, ON office (after training, possible hybrid work from home option available during COVID)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their full application outlining their qualifications and experience by email to Human Resources via the email link below.
Applications for consideration must contain:
- Cover Letter
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining the NWIC Inc. team, however, only those selected to advance to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
NWIC Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment, providing accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance. All personal information is collected and used under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.